About The Business Rebate Program
The government of Victoria has started the Solar for Business Program to encourage the usage of solar systems initiative designed to support Victorian small businesses to reduce dependence on nonrenewable sources of energy and whooping electricity costs by accessing the benefits of renewable energy.
This initiative by the Victorian government will lead to fewer energy bills for small businesses. The rebate will help in reducing the upfront cost of the installation of small-scale solar PV systems up to 30kW.
Rebates can reduce the cost of rooftop Solar PV systems by 50 percent. Small businesses in Victoria are eligible for a rebate of $3,500 to save on the initial cost of installing solar on their business premises.
The total rebate amount can go up to 50% of the cost of the Solar PV system or $3,500 ( whatever sum is minimum) of the cost on any approved system. For instance, suppose you buy a Solar PV with net costs of $20,000, then the rebate value is $3,500 (and not $10,000) or if the total cost of Solar PV system is $3,000, then the rebate value applied is $1,500 (not $3,500).
Please note that Net costs will include GST and any contribution from Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
Are You Eligible?
All entities under the category charities and ngos are eligible if
- The small business owner employs at least one person, excluding the business owner, and less than 20 people
- The business operates from non-residential space.
- The business operate individually metered premises
- Your business is not previously benefitted from a solar for business rebate
- The retailer from where you bought the solar system is approved by solar victoria.
- The solar system you bought has a capacity of up to 30kw, and the product is listed on the solar victoria approved product list.
- Both businesses that own the space/ premises and who rent are eligible. Kindly note that the rental provider or in other words the landlord of the business premises is not eligible for the rebate on a business’s behalf.
The solar business rebate is only available for program opening for applications on 28 May 2021. Systems installed prior to this date will not be eligible under the program.
If you run the business from home premises, then you may be eligible for a solar homes rebate.